TRP at the Canadian Border

0 Comment| 10:25 am

First, it is important to understand that your interaction with the officer at the port of entry is as important as your application. The officer at the port of entry has complete discretion to either let you enter into Canada or
deny your entry.

In most cases, especially if you live outside of the U.S., it is beneficial for you to apply for TRP at a consulate responsible for your home country. If you get approved by your consulate or commission, and receive the permit, this usually ensures that you will be able to enter Canada.

This does not mean that you are not required to present any documents at port of entry, but getting an approval in advance may make the process more efficient. However, at the port of entry, you will still be required to demonstrate some of the following:

  • proof of identification (passport, proof of citizenship)
  • If you been approved by the visa office, you will need to display a letter of introduction (given by the visa office)
  • Proof of sentencing
  • The officer may require you to present your record check and clearance certificates
  • You most likely will be required to state the reason for your visit, may be asked to present documents that support your claim.
  • The officer must be satisfied with your reason to visit.

If you have any further questions about TRPs, the application process, or the port of entry preparation, you can contact us, and our team of experienced professional will be happy to help you.

Leave a Reply