Refused Entry to Canada

0 Comment| 2:08 pm

Refused Entry to Canada

If you have been refused entry to Canada and you have a criminal record, it is quite possible that you may be considered inadmissible to Canada based on
this fact. If so, you will require a Temporary Resident Permit.

This is a document that overcomes any inadmissibility, not just criminal. However, there are a number of other reasons you might be considered

In terms of Canadian Immigration inadmissibility means: there is a medical condition, recent or past criminal conviction(s), financial concern(s), you
misrepresented information in your application or there are serious criminal concerns that cause you to be inadmissible under the Act and prevent you from
entering or remaining in Canada without a Temporary Resident Permit.

Another factor that may make you inadmissible is non-compliance. Non-compliance means you directly or indirectly failed to satisfy the requirements of the Act or Regulations. Some examples are as follows:

  • you were not examined when you entered Canada;
  • you did not obtain a Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa);
  • your visa expired before you entered Canada;
  • you overstayed your period of authorized stay; or
  • you worked or studied without authorization (a permit).

As a Permit holder, once you obtain your Temporary Resident Permit, you are legally authorized to enter Canada temporarily. However, you are restricted in
your authorized length of stay and you are subject to various other conditions.

Your eligibility for another Temporary Resident Permit may be affected by any of, but not limited to, the following reasons. You:

  • Did not comply with the conditions imposed on your Temporary Resident Permit;
  • Remained in Canada beyond the validity of your status in Canada;
  • Left Canada and re-entered without prior authorization;
  • Were found to be inadmissible to Canada on grounds other than those for which the initial TRP was issued;
  • You worked or studied without the required work or study permit;
  • Submitted an expired passport or a passport which is about to expire;
  • Did not resolve the situation that renders you inadmissible despite having been counseled by Citizenship and Immigration Canada to do so.

Leave a Reply