Denied Entry to Canada for Inadmissibility Issue
Denied Entry at the Port of Entry? Apply for TRPDo you have a dream to visit Canada or need to enter for your business but are inadmissible? A Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) could be the solution to overcome your inadmissibility issue. The TRP document by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) authorizes an inadmissible person or an individual who does not meet the requirements of Immigration and Refugee Protection Act or Regulations entry into Canada for temporary basis. So if you are applying for a temporary or permanent stay in Canada you have to take care of your inadmissibility prior to entering Canada.
Why could you or your family member be denied entry to Canada?Though it’s not definite that you would be Denied Entry to Canada if you were inadmissible. However there are many reasons you or a family member (spouse, dependant children or common law partner) may not be let into Canada, such as:
- You or a family member is a security risk
- You or a family member have committed human or international rights violations,
- You or a family member have been convicted of a crime, or you have committed an act outside Canada that would be a crime
- You or a family member has ties to organized crime
- You or a family member has a serious health problem
- You or a family member has a serious financial problem
- You or a family member lied in you application or in an interview
- You or your family member do not meet the conditions in Canada’s immigration law
- Convince an immigration officer that you meet the legal terms to be deemed rehabilitated or
- Applied for rehabilitation and were approved or
- Were granted a record suspension
- apply for TRP to overcome your inadmissibility for temporary basis
Are you eligible to apply for Temporary Resident Permit?This is when you are likely to be involved in a crime again and considered rehabilitated. The TRP may be granted depending on the crime, how long ago it was and how you have behaved since. Your inadmissibility may lengthen the processing period of your application or you may be required to submit additional documents or asked to attend an interview. As per Canada’s immigration law if enough time has passed since you were convicted that your crime may no longer bar you from entering Canada you are considered rehabilitated. If the crime committed outside Canada has maximum prison term of less than 10 years if committed in Canada. You’re considered rehabilitated depending on these factors:
- The crime
- If enough time passed since you finished serving the sentence for the crime
- If you have committed more than one crime
Are you from an eTA-required country applying for a TRP?If you have been denied an eTA and are looking for a TRP to enter Canada you may be eligible depending on the circumstances. We can assess the issues related to your inadmissibility, circumstances, nature and continuing rationale for travel. There are specific Temporary Resident Permit applications forms for visa office in each country with their own specific application procedures.
Is there a fee for TRP application?The visa office charges a fee of CAD 200 for processing your TRP application. Remember incase the visa is refused the fee will not be refunded.
How long is a TRP valid for?A TRP will be valid for a specific period of time. It is valid according to the “Expiry Date” or the “Permit in force until date” The permit is issued according to the validity of your passport, this means the day your passport expires so does your TRP. If you come from non-visa exempt country such as (Pakistan, India, Belarus, Jamaica) and you decide to exit the country, you would require an authorization from an immigration officer that you will exit and reenter. Should you exit without informing the immigration officer then your TRP will no longer be valid.
What will your duties be as a Temporary Resident Permit holder?Once granted a permit you will be expected to abide by the Canadian Laws. You will also be required to resolve your inadmissibility and to leave or request another TRP before the expiry of your initial TRP.
When is TRP issued?
- Temporary Resident Permit is only issued in exceptional circumstance and at the discretion of the processing officer. A TRP may be cancelled at any time.
- If the officer forms an opinion that it is justified in the circumstances for all family members to remain in Canada, then each family member will be given their own TRP and they are each permit holders in their own right.
- The duration of your TRP may limit certain services like applying for a work or study permit if the validity is less than six months.
Are you applying for another TRP?If you or a family member is planning to apply for another TRP you need to have these documents to get ready:
- Proof of identity (other than US citizens)
- A copy of your latest immigration document
- Any document that could support your actions taken to resolve your inadmissibility or any issue of non-compliance
- Documents stating your finances during your stay in Canada
- And few other supporting documents
Contact Akrami & AssociatesIf you or any of your family members travelling with you are inadmissible to Canada and require a TRP, we at Akrami and Associates can help to get it. We are a Mississauga based law firm providing legal services for immigration to Canada. We will help you take the right decisions and make right moves for better chances of TRP application approval. A simple decision like which Canadian port of entry to use could increase, decrease or deny your chances of application. So before you get disheartened and loose hope, contact us to help you out and submit a strong application for approval! Remember With Akrami & Associates there is always a way!!
Tags: Are you applying for another TRP, Are you eligible to apply for Temporary Resident Permit, Are you from an eTA required country applying for a TRP, denied entry for dui, denied entry for felony, Denied Entry to Canada, denied entry to canada for criminal record, Denied Entry to Canada for Inadmissibility Issue, How long is a TRP valid for, inadmissible to canada, Is there a fee for TRP application, Temporary Resident Permit, TRP application, TRP requirements, What will your duties be as a Temporary Resident Permit holder, When is TRP issued, who can apply for TRP application, Why could you or your family member be denied entry to Canada
Trackback from your site.