Denied Entry to Canada
  • Home
  • record suspension

Posts Tagged ‘record suspension’

How can Record Suspensions Affect My Inadmissibility

  Having a Record Suspension Most likely, you are aware that is you have a criminal history in any country, for a crime which you would also have a criminal history in Canada, you are inadmissible to enter Canada. Though, there are ways you can overcome your status as inadmissible, and travel to Canada for a brief period of time. Often, individuals will apply for a temporary resident perm…click for more...
Continue Reading

What is a Record Suspension

Record Suspension and Pardon in Canada Have you been criminally charged within Canada? Are you a foreign national, a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada? Regardless of status, the moment that you obtain a criminal charge or conviction in Canada, you will become criminally inadmissible to Canada. In order to successfully overcome your criminal inadmissibility to Canada and permanent…click for more...
Continue Reading

DUI in Canada

What is Driving under the Influence Driving under the influence (DUI) refers to the criminal offense of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. There are also other terminologies that refer to DUI, including driving while impaired/driving while intoxicated (DWI), operating while intoxicated (OWI), operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs (OVI…click for more...
Continue Reading

Record Suspension

What is a record suspension A Record Suspension (formerly known as pardon) is a forgiveness order that keeps a convicted person’s criminal record separate and apart from other criminal records. This means a person’s convictions will not be disclosed on criminal record checks. It does not remove a criminal record but it permits individuals who have made positive life changes to be released f…click for more...
Continue Reading

Applying for Canadian Citizenship with a Criminal Record

Can I Become a Canadian Citizen with a Criminal Record If you were convicted of a crime from another country but would like to apply for Canadian citizenship, you may run into some complications. In order to the protect all Canadian citizens and permanent residents  from any potential risks, Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) takes criminal convictions very seriously. If you …click for more...
Continue Reading

Understanding Record Suspensions

Record Suspensions There are ways you can overcome your status as inadmissible, and travel to Canada for a brief period of time. Often, individuals will apply for a temporary resident permit, or, apply for criminal rehabilitation. This is done by submitting an application to the government and proving you pose no risk to Canadians if you were to visit the country, and request that the Canadian …click for more...
Continue Reading

Enter Canada with Criminal Inadmissibility

Entering Canada with a Felony on My Record If you have been convicted of a felony in the United States, or have been convicted of a serious offense in another part of the world, you are probably aware this results in various restrictions on what you, as an individual can and cannot do. In terms of travelling to Canada, you may be aware that you are inadmissible to Canada on grounds of criminali…click for more...
Continue Reading

How to Overcome your Criminal Inadmissibility

Different Options to Overcome your Criminal Inadmissibility If you are from a foreign country and you have a criminal conviction or offence on your record, your entry into Canada can become complicated. In almost all circumstances, Canadian immigration authorities will refuse and deny the entry of any foreign national that has a criminal record. The reasoning behind this is to ensure the safety a…click for more...
Continue Reading

Temporary Resident in Canada with a Criminal Record

How to Obtain Temporary Residence in Canada with a Criminal Record Any foreign national who has gone through the process of obtaining a temporary resident visa from Canada knows how difficult the process can be, especially if they have a criminal record. If a foreign national has a criminal record, then they will either need to apply for a Temporary Resident Permit or a Criminal Rehabilitation in…click for more...
Continue Reading

Is it Possible to Be Pardoned of an Offence in Canada

Pardoned of an Offence If you currently live in Canada and certain unfortunate circumstances happened where you now have a criminal record, thankfully there is still a chance for you to get pardoned. This pardon is usually referred to as a record suspension. In this article, I will explain what a record suspension is, who is eligible for this suspension, limitations, certain scenarios thatwould f…click for more...
Continue Reading