Denied Entry to Canada
  • Home
  • Advice for Record Suspensions

Posts Tagged ‘Advice for Record Suspensions’

Record Suspensions FAQ

FAQ – Record Suspensions In this article, I will address a couple of popular questions and answers for record suspensions, also referred to as pardons in Canada. There are several different questions that revolve around record suspensions as it is a broad category that includes many foreign nationals. A record suspension is the best option if you are a foreign national that has been convicted o…click for more...
Continue Reading

DUI in Canada

What is Driving under the Influence Driving under the influence (DUI) refers to the criminal offense of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. There are also other terminologies that refer to DUI, including driving while impaired/driving while intoxicated (DWI), operating while intoxicated (OWI), operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs (OVI…click for more...
Continue Reading

Record Suspension

What is a record suspension A Record Suspension (formerly known as pardon) is a forgiveness order that keeps a convicted person’s criminal record separate and apart from other criminal records. This means a person’s convictions will not be disclosed on criminal record checks. It does not remove a criminal record but it permits individuals who have made positive life changes to be released f…click for more...
Continue Reading

Understanding Record Suspensions

Record Suspensions There are ways you can overcome your status as inadmissible, and travel to Canada for a brief period of time. Often, individuals will apply for a temporary resident permit, or, apply for criminal rehabilitation. This is done by submitting an application to the government and proving you pose no risk to Canadians if you were to visit the country, and request that the Canadian …click for more...
Continue Reading

New Rules for Pardons in Canada

New Changes to Length to Get a Pardon In order to remove your criminal record from a public record, you must first apply for a Record Suspension, or also known as a Pardon. In March of 2012, the eligibility requirements had changed for the waiting period for a summary offence from three years to five years which evidently affected the lives of many with a criminal record. This was a change made i…click for more...
Continue Reading